- Do the installation of handicap grab bars require certain skills? Yes, a qualified handyman or contractor should install bars.
- Where are ADA handicap showers used? ADA showers are for commercial applications where ADA compliance is being required.
- What is the difference in ADA verse barrier free or accessible? ADA laws do not apply to residences. Barrier free access means wheelchair access or low step over for residential use generally.
- Does the installation of grab bars require certain skill? Yes, a qualified handyman or contractor should install bars.
- Do I need a multiple piece handicap shower to get into an existing room? Generally speaking, yes. Widths and heights of doors and halls will usually necessitate a multi-piece unit.
- Are the handicap shower bottoms slippery when wet? Shower bottoms have a textured finish to minimize slipping.
- Are the handicap showers in stock? Some shower packages are in stock in white color. Most units can be manufactured in 3 business days unless custom accents or non-stock colors are ordered.
- What is shipping cost for handicap showers? Shipping is discounted (free) within Continental U.S. - may not be combined with other offers.
- Can the handicap shower be delivered to a residence? Yes.
- Where is the shower made? USA
- What is the warranty? 30 year manufacturer warranty on showers
- What are the standard colors? White, Bone, Biscuit, Almond, or Linen
- How do I keep the water in the shower with such a low entry curb? The water stopper kit and heavy duty, weighted shower curtain are the answers to water containment for low thresholds.
- What is an Assisted Living or Independent Living Shower? Generally low curb for easy, safe step over up to 6" high.
- Where should the valve (on/off lever) be placed in the shower? This is a personal preference, but we recommend the valve/hand shower be placed in a location that can be readily reached from the shower bench or chair. Most often it would be on the rear wall of the shower.
- What is the shower made of? Shower is made of fiberglass with walls reinforced with full wood backing for outstanding strength and ease of accessory placement. Luxurious Gel Coat finish.
- Can I purchase just the base pan for the shower? Yes.
Accessible Environments, Inc. carries the finest in
handicap showers packages including lowstep over curbs, wheelchair accessible showers, showers for new construction or remodel. We also carry ADA compliant showers for commercial use and California Title 24 showers for California users.
Accessible Environments handicap shower USA roll or walk in showers provides a wide range of ADA & Handicap Accessible Roll In Showers and walk in shower kits low curb for easy safe access. Low curb showers are available with mountable or built in seat. Our goals is to offer products for you to design your home for safety in in the bathroom with walk in tubs and showers. We are an American company that provides the industry's best technical support for all of the adaptive access products we offer. We have experienced technical staff to answer not only product questions, but also installation questions. This expertise sets us apart from other companies in this industry.