Terms & Conditions
Accessible Environments, Inc. e-commerce site went online in September, 1999. Our goal is to make your online shopping experience as pleasurable as possible offering the widest variety of assisted living products on the web. If there is any item you are searching for that is not yet found in our online catalog, please call us at 1-800-643-5906.
We want to assure you that personal information about our customers will not be sold or rented to third parties. Occasionally, some of the information you provide (such as name, address, e-mail address) may be used exclusively by us to keep you informed about improvements to the site and upcoming specials.
Many of our products are built when ordered and drop shipped directly from manufacturer factories (items including but not limited to showers, tubs and lifts). Once production has commenced on items built when ordered, any/all cancellations are subject to approval by the manufacturer.
Additionally, orders are processed based on information provided by customers. On the date an order is received, an invoice detailing the order is sent via email or fax to the customer for review. It is the customer's responsibility to make sure everything on the invoice is accurate. If there is an error, notify us immediately when you receive the invoice of the error so that we can put a change order through to the factory. SOME OF OUR SUPPLIERS WILL NOT ALLOW CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS ON ORDERS AFTER PRODUCTION COMMENCES. If an item must be returned or exchanged, see our return policy below.
All orders must be inspected for accuracy and completeness within 5 days of receipt. If after careful inspection it is discovered that it is not what you ordered or there are pieces missing, contact us immediately for remedy.
Pricing - is subject to change without notice as we receive updated price lists from our suppliers and changes on products.
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING within the Continental United States for online orders. Call for freight quotes for Alaska and Hawaii. Our free shipping offer is for regular ground delivery.
Most of our products are built when ordered and our sales representatives and this site give you "estimated" ship dates or production lead times. Factories sometimes have delays and bottle necks in production that are unavoidable. We do everything we can to make sure the product ships in a reasonable time frame as indicated by our sales staff or site at the time of order.
TO THE RECIPIENT: Receiving Procedure for Accessible Environments, Inc.
It is the receiver’s responsibility to inspect the goods. Receiving goods incorrectly could affect the outcome of any damage claims to the carrier and any future warranty issues.
• Note any damage to packaging on BILL OF LADING and report to carrier and to Accessible Environments, Inc. If damage appears severe, call Accessible Environments, Inc. immediately at 800-643-5906.
• Report hidden damage to CARRIER and to Accessible Environments, Inc. within 24 HRS.
Hours of Operation
We are available 9 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday US EST at 1-800-643-5906. If no one is available to answer your call during these times and/or outside of these hours, please leave a message with your name, phone number and the nature of your call. A representative will contact you as soon as possible. You may order online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Accessible Environments, Inc. accepts PayPal, American Express, Discover, VISA, MasterCard, personal check and money orders. Our online catalog offers the opportunity to pay securely online. Once an order has been processed and credit card charged, the credit card companies charge us fees for the transaction. Those fees are not refundable to us and are therefore not refundable to the customer. Any refunds for canceled orders or returns will be subject to a 5% processing fee which includes the non-refundable credit card fee charged us at the time you authorize the transaction. All Virginia customers are subject to Virginia State Sales Tax. Suppliers charge restocking fees as set forth below for returns.
All orders outside of the United States must be paid via cashiers check in advance of order being shipped.
Make your purchase electronically thru our VPASP shopping cart with SSL certificate where your information is encrypted including credit card number, name and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. All of our credit card transactions meet new PCI compliance regulations. We do everything possible to keep your information safe.
To place your order by phone, call us at 1-800-643-5906. Please have the product name and item number ready along with your credit card information when you call.
To pay by check or money order, simply complete our on-line order form, print it out, and mail it along with your payment to:
Accessible Environments, Inc.
106 Wingate Drive
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Please make your check or money order payable to Accessible Environments, Inc.
Note: Mailed check orders will take longer to ship than with other methods as orders will not be processed until checks have been verified.
All of the warranties on products sold by Accessible Environments, Inc. are warranties of the respective manufacturers. Please ask about manufacturer warranty information when speaking to one of our sales representatives. Accessible Environments, Inc. is a retailer of handicap accessibility products and it does not offer product warranty implied or express on any of the products sold by Accessible Environments, Inc. Warranties come from manufacturers – not retailers.
Please read the text below for detailed information about our, and the manufacturer's, policy on returns and exchanges:
• No unauthorized returns will be accepted. A return authorization must be obtained from an Accessible Environments Customer Service Representative prior to returning. All returns are subject to Manufacturer approval because all items are drop shipped from various suppliers. Accessible Environments, Inc. does not ship anything from its office. All product returns go back to the respective supplier/manufacturer and that is why all returns are subject to manufacturer approval. If the manufacturer says "No" to a return, then the item is not returnable. No returns will be accepted or refunds offered after a product has been installed or used. All products must be inspected for damage and/or manufacturer defects prior to installation and any such damage or defect must be reported to Accessible Environments, Inc. customer service representative within 3 days of receiving your merchandise.
• To make a return or an exchange you MUST notify us within 5 days of receiving your merchandise.
•No returns will be accepted after 30 days from your receipt of the product.
• All returns and exchanges must be returned in its original shipping container and must be received in new resellable condition or a reconditioning fee will be applied.
• Sorry, but for health reasons Accessible Environments and it's affiliate manufacturers are unable to accept returns or exchanges of hygiene products including, but not limited to toilet seats or bidets, bath lifts, toilevator, shower curtains, shower systems, grab bars, shower seats, etc... In addition, they cannot accept any custom made items. If you're not sure what items are returnable, please speak to a Accessible Environments Customer Service Representative for more information before you make your purchase.
• Credits for returns are issued only to the original purchaser.
• Shipping is not refundable even if discounted at time of order. All returns will be subject to the actual cost of delivery to the customer and return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
IMPORTANT: Returned goods will be subject to a 25% to 50% restocking fee depending on the product ordered. Pool and spa lifts, ADA furniture, Wheelchair Lifts, Assisted living tubs, walk in tubs, shower pans and showers are not returnable. Each item is covered by a manufacturer warranty, and damage claims during shipment will be resolved by the manufacturer if reported within 24 hours receipt of the product.
It is the customer's responsibility to determine if a product is "usable" by the person with the disability prior to making a purchase. Credit is based on the original invoice price and excludes freight charges. Orders for any product requiring custom sizes, finishes or colors cannot be canceled and are not refundable after production has begun.
No cash refunds can be issued for under $10.00. Credit balance can be applied to future purchases.
To make a return or exchange:
Call the Customer Service Department at the phone number below to obtain a return authorization. Be sure to include your return authorization information within the packaging of your return shipment. Then send the package to the manufacture indicated on the shipping label.:
Customer Service Department
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. US Eastern Standard Time
Accessible Environments will credit your account for returned merchandise as soon as it is received and processed. In the meantime, an order for replacement may be entered.